Terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions and Booking/Cancellation Policies
General Conditions of our wine tours
- All the prices are VAT included
- The reservation is considered confirmed only after written communication (via e-mail) from Emilio Sciacca Etna Wine Staff.
- All our wine tours will be lead by a sommelier who speaks English and Italian. Wine tours in french, spanish or German language only on request.
- The tastings are dedicated to people who have reached the age of majority, as it is not allowed to serve alcohol to people under 18.
- Please let us know in advance if you have any food allergies and intolerances, or particular needs. Without prior warning, we accept no responsibility.
If the booking is made directly through our website, you will pay directly 100% of the total amount of the chosen service at the time of booking. You can cancel your reservation free of charge, but at least 7 days prior to the scheduled date of the service. In case of late cancellation (i.e. with less than 7 days notice from the date of service) or in case of no-show on the same morning of the excursion, we will keep a penalty of the 50% of the total amount. So, you will be refunded the remaining 50% paid in advance.
If the reservation is made following a prior request of availability, to confirm the excursion you have to give us the details of your credit card (we do not accept American Express) with numbers, its expiration date and cardholder as a guarantee via the link provided by e-mail, or make the advance payment of 50% of the total amount, according to the service chosen, by bank transfer. You can cancel your reservation free of charge, but you have to cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled date of execution. In case of late cancellation (i.e. with less than 7 days notice from the date of service) or in case of no-show on the morning of the excursion, we will charge 50% of the total amount from the card provided for guarantee. In case the reservation was confirmed by the payment of 50%, in this case we will keep the deposit already paid in advance.
We inform you, in any case, that to be sure that your reservation is confirmed you will need to receive our confirmation email!
Emilio Sciacca Etna Wine will refund you the participation fee or will not charge the penalty fee when the wine tour/experience cannot take place due to force majeure (e.g. adverse weather conditions (for example natural disasters).
However, those who do not show up or who choose to not participate in the wine tour by their choice, they will have to pay the penalty.
Modifications and Responsibility
- Etna Sciacca Etna Wine is not responsible for damages that may be caused to visitors by third parties or due to force majeure (earthquakes, floods, landslides, typhoons, riots, strikes, attacks etc.). Any damage caused, even unintentionally, to the structure and bottles will be charged to the person responsible, who is obliged to compensate the current value of the goods
- The Management does not carry out any custody activity. For this reasons, the management declines all responsibility and is not responsible, for any reason, for theft and/or loss of objects and/or money left unattended in all the rooms of the winery.
- The development of the wine tours is always subject to the decisions of the sommelier and/or chef, that during the activity can be free to change the tour itinerary or the menu according to the safety conditions considered necessary for the tour or the availability of fresh products of the day.
- The program is covered by an insurance policy in accordance with Italian law.
Generic Standards of Behaviour for visitors
- Visitors are required to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the activity.
- We do not recommend the use of perfumes, deodorants or face creams. They can alter the olfactory perception of wine and disturbing the tasting.
- In the event of an emergency (fire, natural disaster), keep calm, do not leave on your own, follow the instructions given by personnel and use the escape routes indicated by the appropriate signs.